If you’re ready to begin your weight loss journey, and you are S-E-R-I-O-U-S about getting the results you want, you have to prepare your mind just as much as your body….
There’s a reason why only 20% of people achieve their weight loss goals!
Losing weight itself isn’t rocket science, anyone can do it! But only 20% of us reach our dream physique, because staying on the path for the long haul is easier said than done. That’s where Affirmations for Weight Loss come in!
Positive affirmations, and weight loss affirmations specifically, program your mind for success. Affirmations help you cultivate the mindset that’s required of you to successfully travel from point A to point B – and this blog will show you exactly how it’s done!
First thing’s first. What are Positive Affirmations?
Simply put, an affirmation is a thought that you consciously *choose* to think (you read them, write them, listen to them on audio, or say them aloud).
The quality of your thoughts is important, because thoughts are what create the results in your life. It goes like this:
- THOUGHTS that are repeated lead to FEELINGS. All feelings can be traced back to an initial thought!
- FEELINGS largely determines our DECISIONS. Most choices are emotional, not logical! Examples: binge eating when upset. Not working out because you had a hard day and aren’t feeling up to it.
- DECISIONS that are repeated become HABITS.
- HABITS over time create the RESULTS in our life.
See how it works? It’s pretty simple! Negative thoughts, when repeated over time, lead to a poor mindset, poor feelings, and manifest poor results (this is true for any area in life!). Positive thoughts, when repeated over time, lead to a positive mindset, positive feelings, and manifest positive results.
You aren’t going to have positive results or a positive life with a negative mindset.– Ashley Diana
You aren’t going to experience success if you constantly have insecure, self-defeating thoughts swirling around your mind.
Every thought needs to be in alignment with the results you want to see in your life, period!
If WEIGHT LOSS is the result you want, you need to make your mind your ally. You need to repeat thoughts that will work FOR YOU instead of AGAINST you. You need to cultivate a mindset that will help propel you forward, not hinder your progress.
TOP 5 Reasons People Fail at Weight Loss, according to MindBodyGreen Health
- Eating emotionally – when food is used as a coping mechanism during times of stress and sadness. Thoughts and emotions that turn to compulsive eating.
- Hating yourself and self-loathing- harboring subconscious thoughts or assumptions about yourself, that you are not worthy of love and good things,
- Failing to nourish your body- opting for unsustainable starvation diets, which usually goes hand in hand with self loathing.
- Searching endlessly for quick fixes- starting strong, but not sticking with a program. Failing to live a healthy lifestyle after you’ve achieved your weight loss goals.
- Setting unrealistic goals- expecting too much too fast, getting overwhelmed by the journey and impatient in the process.
These are things that a positive mindset, positive self-talk, and positive feelings / emotions can either help prevent or overcome! Affirmations to lose weight are designed to create an ideal inner environment that will prepare, embolden, and support you along your weight loss journey. They will help you combat stubborn inner resistance, self-sabotage, and prime your mind to make good choices, good habits, and GREAT, long lasting results.
Repeat these daily, ideally EACH MORNING, for optimal results!
30 Positive Affirmations for Weight Loss
- I am healthy, I am strong, and I am getting closer and closer to my ideal weight every day.
- I have the power to change my life.
- I am losing weight because I love myself, I love my body, and I deserve to achieve my goals!
- I am worthy and deserving of any result I wish to see in my life. Period.
- I am unstoppable. Every day I feel progress. Every day I feel more and more motivated as I build momentum
- Losing weight comes naturally for me.
- I am creating a healthy lifestyle that feels good and looks good on me.
- I deserve to have a slim, healthy, attractive body
- I am disciplined, I am consistent, and I choose results over temptations.
- I am stronger than any excuse!
- I choose my dream body with every healthy choice I make. I love the body I am shaping with all of my positive choices!
- I am worthy of a body I love- and I am determined to achieve my dream physique.
- Every day I’m feeling slimmer, tighter, and lighter.
- I nourish my body with fresh, clean food and drink lots of water.
- I love to exercise regularly. Regular exercise makes me feel really good!
- I am eating the foods that contributes to my health and wellbeing.
- I love the taste of healthy food.
- I am in control of how much I eat. I want to eat foods that make me look and feel good.
- I am developing a lifestyle of vibrant health.
- I am in tune with my body and I am attentive to its signals.
- I am patient with creating my better body. I love the journey and who I’m becoming in the process.
- I am so proud of myself. I am beautiful, I am confident, and my confidence grows by the day as I get closer and closer to my ideal weight.
- I can already feel what it’s like to walk down the street, to look in the mirror, to rock a new wardrobe that looks SO GOOD with all the weight I’ve lost!
- I am motivated and always have enough energy.
- I have what it takes and I do what it takes to lose weight.
- I have what it takes and I do what it takes to maintain my new, healthy lifestyle that feels and looks so good!
- I can and I WILL shed the pounds that no longer fit.
- I can and I WILL lose weight.
- I repeat my positive affirmations on weight loss daily!
- I now clearly see myself at my ideal weight. I am a weight loss success story