Eating healthy is a simple concept, yet so many of us struggle to create and maintain healthy eating habits. We fail to plan healthy meals in advance, we accidentally skip a meal and hit the drive through, we choose instant gratification (donut day at the office) over the results that are really most important to us- like good health and a good body! Sound familiar?
According to MindBodyGreen, these are the TOP 5 Reasons people fail to maintain healthy eating habits:
1. Not properly nourishing your body: Opting for unsustainable starvation diets or just not making the time to plan healthy, balanced meals.
2. Eating emotionally: Using food as a coping mechanism during times of stress and sadness. Negative thoughts and feelings that turn some to compulsive eating.
3. Self-loathing: Harboring negative subconscious thoughts and beliefs about yourself. Beliefs that you are not worthy of love and good things, which can lead to self-sabotaging decisions.
4. Lack of consistency: Starting strong, but not sticking with a program. Not making “healthy” a *lifestyle as opposed to a temporary goal.
5. Setting unrealistic goals: Expecting too much too fast, getting overwhelmed and impatient in the process.
The good news is that many of these “root causes” can be addressed and resolved with daily affirmations. They can either be prevented or overcome with a health-oriented mindset and positive self-talk (i.e. affirmations). That’s because your decision making process occurs in the brain; the choices you make in life are directly influenced by the thoughts you’re having every day. Want to take control of a certain area in your life? It starts by taking control of your mindset!
Here’s another way of looking at it:
· THOUGHTS that are repeated lead to FEELINGS. All feelings can be traced back to an initial thought!
· FEELINGS largely determine our DECISIONS. Most choices are emotional, not logical. Example: binge eating.
· DECISIONS that are repeated over time become HABITS.
· HABITS over time create the RESULTS in our life.
Are your thoughts leading you to make impulsive decisions- like eating junk food at midnight 5 days a week- or are they leading you to make conscious decisions- like healthy eating 5 days a week?
If you’re struggling with healthy eating, it’s time to get your mind aligned with your body, so it works FOR you instead of against you!
Let’s talk a little more about what affirmations are. An affirmation is a thought you consciously *choose* to think and repeat daily, until you’ve achieved the goal they are designed around. You can read positive affirmations, write them, listen to them on audio, or say them aloud. Working with health affirmations is about priming your mind to make good choices throughout the day; choices that are in alignment with your health goals (like opting for a green juice instead of a chocolate mocha frappe).
Repeat these daily, ideally EACH MORNING, for optimal results!
25 Affirmations for Healthy Eating
- I love to eat healthy foods that give me strength and energy!
- I am empowered, motivated and capable of making my health a priority.
- Every meal brings me closer to the body and the health I want.
- I feel radiant and full of vitality when I consume fresh, organic, seasonal fruits and vegetables.
- I eat the rainbow and my skin glows because of it!
- I am obsessed with the results I feel and see when I eat healthy.
- I am joyful in planning healthy meals that taste delicious and make me feel good.
- My fridge is my medicine cabinet.
- Every day I *GET to fill my body with fresh produce, superfoods, greens, and juices that make me even more vibrant, energized, and beautiful.
- I am worth the time, the care, and the money I invest in my health and nutrition.
- I am becoming more and more in tune with my body and its signals.
- I am growing more and more confident every day!
- I am honoring my body with the healthy food I choose to eat. Eating healthy is an act of self-love.
- I make healthy eating easy by preparing in advance and getting satiated with every wholesome meal I make.
- I am creative in the kitchen.
- I am proud of myself and encourage myself each time I choose to eat a healthy meal or drink a healthy juice.
- Salads make me sexy.
- I am consistently feeding my body with the fuel it needs to THRIVE.
- I am consistently choosing healthy, nourishing foods and nutrients over junk food.
- I am craving healthy wholesome food way more than I crave junk food.
- I am forgiving and compassionate with myself when I get off track, and gently guide myself back on course with my next healthy meal.
- I am a goddess. I treat my body like a temple and my kitchen like a sanctuary. My kitchen is a positive place.
- My body heals and strengthens with every bite of healthy food I take.
- It’s a pleasure and joy to take care of myself and my health by nourishing myself with a variety of nutritious foods every day.
- I am safe, I am worthy, and I am deserving of all good things.
Be sure to follow our Affirmations on social media & podcast:
YouTube: Affirmation Babe