Majority of us want a fulfilling love life, yes? We visualize our relationships as being full of intimacy, connection, authenticity, trust, love and romance. But it’s no secret that creating and sustaining a relationship with your life partner takes work. It takes conscious effort and nurturing from both sides, if it’s to continue growing and thriving over the years. And while the word “work” isn’t necessarily fun or sexy in the same sentence as love… well, if you’ve ever been in love, you know the work is ohhh so worth the reward!
There are many exercises and activities out there designed to strengthen relationships. This article, however, will hyper-focus on one: positive affirmations (and more specifically, curated affirmations for love). Incorporating love affirmations into your relationships is simple to do- and the results are powerful. But before we dive in, let’s look at what affirmations are + why they’re so important!
What Are Positive Affirmations?
An affirmation is a thought that you *choose* to think and repeat consistently. Usually each morning after waking up, or each evening before bed- when your mind is most open, relaxed, and impressionable.
Internal thought patterns are important, because they shape how we see ourselves and how we respond + relate to others.
Think of it this way: a loving relationship with your partner won’t be able to sustain if you’re…
- Constantly doubting your self-worth
- Doubting that you’re lovable and worthy of love just as you are
- Full of insecure, negative thoughts about yourself
- Struggling with low self-esteem / lack of confidence
- Bringing past baggage / traumas into your current relationship
- Carrying old, self-limiting beliefs from childhood into adulthood (“I’m not good enough, I don’t deserve happiness, I can’t commit”, etc.)
Thoughts create and color your reality. They determine the relationship you have with yourself- and the relationship you have with yourself always shows up in the relationships you forge with others.
Pro tip:Work with the affirmations about love that resonate with you. Discard the ones that don’t. Affirmations are most effective when they personally resonate! If one makes you cringe deep down inside, skip over it and just keep repeating the affirmations that strike a chord in your soul.
10 Self-Love Affirmations
Because you can’t love another and hate yourself! Self-love comes first, and lays a sturdy foundation for a relationship built to last.
- I love and accept myself exactly as I am.
- There is nothing I need to do, change, or fix to be loved, to be worthy of love, or to love myself.
- I respect myself and I honor my individuality. There is no one else in the world exactly like me. That makes me unique, special, and valuable. My individuality is to be celebrated- not kept small.
- I am happy and content within.
- I am enough.
- I am proud of everything I am and everything I’m not.
- I am beautiful inside and out.
- I have so many amazing qualities and strengths!
- I don’t have to be anyone but myself.
- I overflow with love for life!
Affirmations for Love: 20 Relationship Affirmations for Couples
Pro tip: Use these affirmations as a relationship rubric! If you’re in a relationship and find that you disagree with a majority of the following statements… it may be time to reevaluate and ask yourself if this is really the relationship you want to be in.
- I am in a positive, healthy, loving relationship with my partner- and for that, I am deeply grateful.
- My partner and I focus on what we have together. We focus on the good in each other and on the good in our relationship.
- We are always open to new ways of deepening our love, romance, and connection.
- My partner and I communicate in a loving way, and always feel safe expressing our needs and feelings to one another. We are each other’s safe place. Vulnerability, even if it’s hard, bring us closer in the end.
- I always have the courage to speak my truth.
- I am a great listener.
- Every day we are growing individually and together. We love watching one another blossom independently, and how much attraction + desire this creates in our relationship.
- My partner and I respect and honor each other’s boundaries.
- We always carve out quality time together. Our time together is full of laughter, affection, and fun!
- I am free to be fully myself in my relationship. I am accepted, wanted, and loved for who I am.
- Today I will continue to create the foundation of a happy, thriving relationship.
- My partner and I bring out the best in each other.
- We believe in each other, lift each other up, and are there for each other unconditionally. I support my partner’s goals and dreams, and they support mine.
- We are becoming fluent in one another’s love language. We make sure we both feel heard, cared for, valued, and appreciated.
- When disagreements occur, I am forgiving, understanding, and flexible. We communicate areas of improvement with patience, compassion, and mutual respect.
- We are so grateful for each other, and how every experience brings us closer.
- My partner and I notice and acknowledge the small acts of kindness + gestures of love given by the other.
- We show our love and gratitude for one another daily with words and actions.
- We use affirmations for love as a daily reminder. It is up to me and my partner to create the relationship we want together.
- We use positive love affirmations to put things into perspective when needed.
If you’re ready to call in a new partner that meets your vision of a healthy, satisfying, deeply loving relationship, the following affirmations are for you! Because you deserve the love of your dreams.
Affirmations for Love: 18 Affirmations to Attract Love & Call In Your Life Partner
- I am happy with who I am, which makes it so much easier to attract love into my life.
- I know who I am, I know exactly what I want, and I know exactly what I don’t want in a partner. I can clearly envision every detail about my ideal partner and I attract him/her into my life now.
- I am ready to call in my soul mate. I am ready to attract love, and I use positive affirmations to attract the exact relationship I desire.
- I uphold my needs, values, and standards when it comes to love.
- I am ready to give and receive love in abundance. My soul knows exactly how to give and receive love to the right partner.
- I let go of my past relationships and look to the future with joy and excitement.
- My future partner loves and accepts me just as I am.
- I feel safe and secure with my future partner.
- I open my heart to love. I deserve love, romance, and intimacy.
- I enjoy sharing the real me in relationships.
- I do not settle.
- I can and I will find love. I can and I will find exactly what I’m looking for.
- I see myself being filled with love and happiness.
- I love being with someone who brings out the best in me.
- I am capable and deserving of a long lasting relationship.
- I am open to receiving more romance in my life.
- I know with every fiber of my being that the Universe is bringing me only the most supportive, loving, and awesome relationships!
- I can and I will find love. Soon, my life will be flooded with love and romance.
💎 Hear one of my LIVE affirmations for “Attracting Your Life Partner on Instagram HERE!
Be sure to follow our Affirmations on social media & podcast:
YouTube: Affirmation Babe