Studies have shown that what you do in the first minutes after waking up in the morning has the power to set the tone for your entire day. If you want a positive day, starting your morning with positive affirmations is one of the most powerful, effective things you can do! According to psychologists, flooding your mind with positive thoughts when you first wake up “primes your mind” – meaning, you will be more likely to notice positive things, have positive feelings, and create positive results for yourself throughout the duration of your day. Priming is essentially a domino effect!
Takeaway: If you want to feel good and have a good day, start your morning by intentionally thinking good thoughts. It’s as simple as that! Note: You can scroll to the bottom of this article now for 20 Morning Affirmations to Start Your Day, or you can continue reading the science behind what affirmations are and why they work!
Let’s start with a scenario we’re all familiar with:
Have you ever stubbed your toe first thing in the morning after getting out of bed? When this happens, you start the day kind of annoyed and irritated. Then, someone cuts you off on the way to work and it just pisses you off more than usual. By 9am, you’re already feeling tense and impatient. As the day goes on, more and more little things annoy you- Karen’s obnoxious laugh by the water cooler, you notice a new pimple on your nose, you realize Steve hasn’t called since your first date. You’re not able to get into a flow at work because you keep getting distracted. You’re not able to focus. You begin pin pointing and harping on all of the bad things, and you become blind to all of the good things. By time you’re home getting ready for bed that night, you think to yourself, “wow.. what a shitty day.”
Here’s the thing,- nothing THAT bad really happened, but you feel bad because you had a bad mood all day. And it all started with something as trivial, yet psychologically significant, as stubbing your toe in the morning. You were primed for negativity without even realizing it You see, priming works both ways.
… So why not prime your mind to live your best life? To become your best self?
Priming your mind with morning affirmations is like waking up on the right side of the bed, every morning.
While you can’t control what happens to you, you CAN control your thoughts, your energy, and how you respond to life. YOU get to decide how you move through the day- if you focus on the good and what’s going right, or if you focus on the bad and constantly complain about things that don’t go your way.
Your life, your choice!
Morning Affirmations: What They Are, How and Why They Work:
Simply put, an affirmation is a thought that you consciously *choose* to think. You can read them, write them, listen to them on audio, or say them aloud. A positive affirmation is a positive thought you choose to think and repeat. POSITIVE MORNING AFFIRMATIONS are designed specifically to prime your mind for a GREAT day, so you can live your best life- no matter what actually happens throughout the day.
As we’ve established, the quality of your thoughts is important, because thoughts are what create the results in your life. It goes like this:
- THOUGHTS that are repeated lead to FEELINGS. All feelings can be traced back to an initial thought!
- FEELINGS largely determines our DECISIONS.
- DECISIONS that are repeated become HABITS.
- HABITS over time create the RESULTS in our life.
See how it works? It’s pretty simple! Negative thoughts, when repeated over time, lead to a poor mindset, poor feelings, and manifest poor results. Positive thoughts, when repeated over time, lead to a positive mindset, elevated feelings, and manifest positive results.
You aren’t going to have positive results or a positive life with a negative mindset.
Every thought needs to be in alignment with how you want to feel, who you want to be, and the results you want to see in your life- end of story!
Is this all starting to make sense?
Try it for yourself for 30 days and you’ll experience the benefits yourself! Repeat these Positive Affirmations for a great day, EVERY morning after waking up- and notice how your life begins to shift in the most amazing ways.
20 Morning Affirmations to Start Your Day
- I am awake, alive, and energized
- I am ready to greet this new day with a positive mind and positive energy
- Today is going to be a GREAT day
- Thousands of people didn’t have the privilege of waking up today, and I did. I matter. My life matters, and I will use today to do something good
- Today is a new, clean slate full of possibility and opportunities. I am in control of my choices, my energy, and my attitude. I can be whoever I want to be
- I am going to make today great- no matter what actually happens. I will overcome any challenges that arise with ease. I am patient with myself and with life
- I am full of happiness and gratitude today
- I repeat affirmations for positivity with enthusiasm every morning, because they work!
- I am ready to rise and shine, to embrace this day and treat it like a gift- because it is!
- I am beautiful and I am blessed
- I am ready for a productive, successful day. I am fully present, I am smart and I am capable
- I move through my day with intention- mindful, conscious, and aware of my choices. I will make great decisions today- decisions that are in alignment with my goals and values. My choices will reflect who I want to be and what I want to achieve. My life is my masterpiece, and I am proud of how I spend it
- I will focus on the good today. I am excited for this day to unfold!
- My life is overflowing with joy and happiness. I will find so many reasons to smile and laugh today. I will notice so many beautiful things today
- I am healthy and strong. I have all of the confidence and motivation I need for today
- I am feeling good in my mind and body. My physical and mental health are in tip top shape today
- I am full of love. I am kind, patient, and compassionate with myself and others
- Today I will give my best, and I won’t stress about the rest. I won’t sweat the small stuff, and I will celebrate all of the progress I make today
- My thoughts are filled with positivity, wisdom, and brilliant ideas. I am valuable, and have important contributions to make today! I will use this day wisely.
- I am a magnet for all good things and attract only good things into my life
PS – if you want to boost your affirmation practice & create a powerful daily habit that will have you feeling better than ever before, you HAVE to try the Affirmation Babe You Can Have It All Journal. This journal is your new morning bestie! She’s here to help you use the power of affirmations to create a life you love, inside & out. It’s everything I personally wanted in a journal, so I got it custom made and designed.