I have always been a huge ketchup fan and I was very reluctant to replace anything for my beloved Heinz ketchup. The part I dislike most about store bought ketchup is the exuberant amount of sodium! Ketchup generally has about 160mg of sodium per 20 calories (1 Tablespoon). That’s a pretty high salt to calorie ratio. In addition to the salt, there is high fructose corn syrup, preservatives, and natural flavoring! Ugh, run the other way when you see “natural flavoring” on the label!! If it’s truly natural, why call it natural on a nutritional label?
Now on to the good stuff – this healthy ketchup is not only sweetened with natural sugar and no added salt, it’s packed with REAL ingredients like apple and tomatoes.
I use this ketchup on my Classic Veggie Burger and with anything else I can get my hands on!\
Spread it – Dip it – Serve it with lots of love!
The BEST Healthy Ketchup...Ever!
- 1, 6 ounce can tomato paste unsalted
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chopped Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Medjool Dates pitted
- 1/2 Fuji Apple
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Bragg’s Amino Acid optional
- Blend all ingredients together in your Vitamix or high powered blender. Chill before serving.