A majority of our days are spent on autopilot, which means that most of the time, we are reacting to what happens in life instead of consciously choosing the direction of our lives. We go to work, clock in, pay the bills, repeat. Days and weeks blur together, we focus on what’s urgent (TO DO lists), and forget to think about what’s really important to us. Years, even decades pass and we look back only to realize that all of those things we wanted to accomplish and experience never happened. The person we dreamed of becoming, and the life we dreamed of leading, never materialized.
OR MAYBE- the career path that used to fulfill you, just doesn’t anymore. It ran its course. You did what you needed to do, contributed in the way you felt called to, became who you needed to become, and now it’s time to move on. You evolved personally, spiritually, professionally- and are looking to identify your higher purpose for the next chapter of life.
Whether you’re just considering your life purpose for the first time, or you’re ready to redefine it, using affirmations can help you gain the clarity and inspiration you’re looking for. They can help replace your doubt and anxiety with certainty and confidence. Affirmations help you get out of autopilot mode and into conscious living, captain-of-your-own-damn-ship mode.
Introduction to Affirmations:
Simply put, an affirmation is a thought that you consciously *choose* to think and repeat over time. You can read your affirmations, write them, listen to them on audio, or say them aloud.
Thoughts are important, because thoughts that are repeated become your beliefs; and your beliefs- the ones you hold about yourself and the world- greatly influence how you navigate life. How you understand the world and your place in it.
The moment you take control of your thoughts, is the moment you take control and ownership of your life!
Where you focus your mind is ultimately where you focus your life, and that’s where affirmations come in. The goal is to have your thoughts, time, and energy in alignment with your life purpose.. that’s why you’re here right?
The positive affirmations below are unique to life purpose exploration and manifestation. And, they are most effective when paired with the Journal Prompts for Life Purpose Clarity (also below). These two exercises are complimentary and will help you to not only gain clarity, but to take action as well.
Are you ready to get out of the rat race? Are you ready to wake up feeling connected, important, and alive? Let’s get to work!!
20 Journal Prompts for Life Purpose Clarity
You can’t get around doing the inner work when it comes to discovering your life purpose . Dive in, dig deep, and ask yourself these questions. Just ask yourself, close your eyes, and listen for the answers that arise. Don’t force anything. This journaling doesn’t have to be completed in one sit-down, and you certainly don’t have to know the answer the first time you ask yourself the question. If there’s a question you don’t have a gut-answer to, skip it. Repeat your affirmations the next morning. Ask yourself the question again. Keep doing this until the answers reveal themselves.
- What does your dream life look like? Where do you live? Who do you encounter every day?
- Is there a particular cause you feel most drawn to, or movement you find particularly compelling?
- If you could fix / resolve 1 problem in the world, what would it be? WHY?
- If you didn’t have bills, and could do something every day just because you WANTED to, what would that thing be? What do you love to do?
- What are 3 things you’ve always wanted to try or learn?
- What are some things you naturally gravitate towards? (examples: animals, nature, art, dance, health, justice, etc.)
- What are some things you are naturally good at?
- In the past year, what has been the most fulfilling part of your life?
- Where do you find peace?
- Where do you find joy?
- What has always come “easy” or “natural” to you?
- What are the skills, talents, or strengths you were born with? These can be big or small! Think of character qualities and personality traits (your patience, assertiveness, creativity, charisma, leadership abilities, tenderness, etc.)
- What is your definition of success?
- What does a “successful life” look like to you?
- Have you experienced any trauma, and if so, how has it impacted you?
- Is there a group you feel most compassion for? One that particularly tugs on your heart strings?
- What energizes you?
- What lights you up?
- What depletes your energy? What drains you?
- What are three different career paths that would allow you to apply your skills, strengths, and interests?
Each of these answers are clues that point to your unique life purpose, at this time in your life.
33 Life Purpose Affirmations
*Repeat these daily! Preferably every morning first thing after waking up. Consistency is KEY.
- I wake up every morning with a clear mind, clean slate, and a connection to my life’s purpose.
- I am true to myself.
- I am conscious of my time and my life.
- I matter.
- I am fearless in the pursuit of my life purpose, because it’s already mine. I was born with it. It is waiting for me with open arms.
- Nobody can do exactly what I can, in the exact same way that I can.
- I have special, specific contributions to make.
- I am needed.
- I am important, and what I do with my life matters.
- As I grow more connected to myself and my soul, my life’s purpose becomes more and more clear to me.
- I am grateful for all of the divine information and inspiration on its way to me now.
- I receive messages and divine guidance with gratitude.
- Every day I am finding clues and hints that point to my life purpose.
- I own my mind and my life!
- My highest purpose is revealing itself to me now.
- I am open to trying new things.
- I am meant to live a life of meaning, purpose, joy, and fulfillment.
- I have all of the energy and resources I need to pursue and fulfill my higher purpose.
- I am capable of anything I set my mind to- anything I channel my energy towards.
- I was born with certain talents, strengths, and interests for a reason.
- I trust my inner voice and intuition
- I honor my truth.
- I have the power to create a deeply meaningful, wildly passionate life for myself.
- I am brave and committed to the fulfillment of my higher purpose. Every day is an opportunity to contribute and make a difference.
- I am motivated. Every action I take is alignment.
- I can, I should, and I will
- I am walking confidently in the direction of my life’s true purpose. Every day I am taking steps to fulfill my potential
- I deserve to live a life of passion, magic, and miracles
- I am releasing pressure, perfectionism, and the need to “do things right.” There is no one right way. I honor my path.
- Deep down, I know what my purpose is, because I was born with it. It’s always been there. I am ready to access it now.
- I am tuned in to the callings and longings of my soul.
- I am content as my life becomes more and more in alignment with my higher purpose.
- I am eager. I am energized. I am open. I am ready.
BONUS! Life Purpose Quotes, for some extra inspiration:
“The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.” – Pablo Picasso
“Your real job in life is to figure out as soon as possible who you are meant to be, and begin to honor your calling in the best way possible.” – Oprah
“Pay attention to the things you are naturally drawn to. They are often connected to your path, passion, and purpose in life. Have the courage to follow them.” – Ruben Chavez
“Maybe you’ve been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved” – Anonymous
“You often feel tired, not because you’ve done too much, but because you’ve done too little of what sparks a light in you.” – Anonymous
“Ten years from now, make sure you can say that you chose your life, you didn’t settle for it.” – Mandy Hale
Be sure to follow our Affirmations on social media & podcast:
YouTube: Affirmation Babe