This recipe may have just made all your dreams come true!! Not only is this Mac & Cheeze delicious…but all of its deliciousness is derived from plant power!! It is dairy free, AND virtually fat-free!! I actually blew myself away with this recipe. I was so thrilled when I realized that the cheese sauce did not need any added nuts!! Most vegan cheese sauces are SO high in fat, and to me, that just makes the whole experience unpleasant.
This mac & cheese gets its creamy deliciousness from the almighty Yam – an excellent source of plant-powered starch. (The BEST starch in my opinion…im literally addicted to sweet taters / yams, whatever you want to call them!) Speaking of healthy starches, if you haven’t read The Starch Solution, then I highly recommend it!! It will change your life!
I have this recipe served with glazed brussel sprouts; that recipe will be coming up next week!!
This recipe is the new favorite in our home!! I hope you love it as much as we do!!
Mac & Cheeze Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 1 Medium Yam boiled (skin removed optional)
- 1 cup Small Carrot boiled about 1
- Water or Vegetable broth for sautéing
- 1 Sweet Onion sliced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 6 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- Sprinkle of Black Pepper
- 1/4 - 1/2 Cup Non-Dairy Milk unsweetened
- Other Ingredients
- Whole Wheat Pasta boiled or any of you're favorite pasta
- 1 Acorn Squash halved and baked