I may be from the south, but I swear I’m part asian. I am obsessed with asian food. If you are a fan of asian food like me, you probably are aware of how unhealthy the ingredients can sometimes be. Normally asian dishes are packed full of sodium and maybe even MSG.
Well, no need to worry with this salad. It’s so so SO good, and SO healthy! If you ever thought a salad could to fill you up, then I dare you to try this one. This salad is a full meal and very filling! It has tons of flavor, and I just know you’re going to love it!
Asian Arugula Salad
- 3 Tablespoons Amino Acids
- ¼ Cup Fresh Orange Juice
- ¼ Cup Organic Rice Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger minced
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic minced
- 1 Teaspoon Green Onion thinly sliced
- 1- 5 Ounce Can Water Chesnuts drained
- 2 Cups Brown Rice Cooked
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds Toasted
- 16 Ounces Baby Spinach
- 8 Ounces Edamame defrosted
- ½ Cup Carrots sliced
- ½ Cup Red Bell Pepper sliced
- ½ Cup Sugar Snap Peas trimmed and halved
- ¼ Cup Red Onion Sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 12 Ounces Tofu large diced
- 2 Tablespoons Amino Acids
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Broth
- Prepare dressing by whisking together first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; add fresh ginger, garlic, and green onion.
- Allow drained water chestnuts to marinade in dressing while you prepare the salad ingredients!
- Cook 2 servings of rice, or one cup ahead of time, and allow cooling. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
- De-stem and wash spinach, set aside. Combine all vegetables; carrots, red bell pepper, edamame, peas, and onion in a bowl. Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Sear Tofu in a skillet over medium high heat with a combination of amino acids and broth, until golden brown.
- Serve with a bed of spinach on bottom of each bowl, followed by sesame seed rice, seasoned vegetables, and seared tofu. ENJOY!