The title explains it all! I make these babies at least once a week! I am crazy addicte ! Lucky for me (and you now!) these are full of protein, low in fat, and free of salt, oil, and sugar. I have a secret to share with you; I made these for my full-blooded Italian mother-n-law and she did not even notice they were meat-less! She loved the flavor, texture, and taste. That’s when I knew these were a winner.
If you are new to a plant based diet, I urge you to make this recipe. Give your body the opportunity to to have the greatest protection against disease by adding more unrefined vegetables and legumes into your diet. These meat-less meatballs make the transition to plant based diet even easier.
Another added bonus is that these are only about 50 calories a piece (I don’t count calories, but it’s still pretty cool to know that these are not only healthy but low in calories too!)
This recipe is delicious with my Easy Marinara Sauce. I often serve this with two sides of steamed greens and baked sweet potato. 🙂
Pictured here, I have the Meatballs placed atop Gluten-Free Mung Bean Fettuccine with Creamy Basil Sauce (I will post recipe soon!) , and sprinkled with fresh chopped parsley.
Mouthwatering Meat-less Meatballs
- 1/2 Onion chopped
- 1/4 Cup Celery chopped
- 5 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Italian Parsley chopped
- 5 Leaves Large Basil finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 Teaspoon Rubbed Sage
- 1, 15 ounce can Kidney Beans drained & smashed
- 4 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 3 Tablespoons Oat Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Dr. Fuhrman’s MateoZest (this is a Tomato based Salt-Free seasoning or use Mrs Dash tomato basil salt free seasoning)
- 2 Tablespoons Uncooked Gluten-Free, Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a few tablespoons of water over medium/high heat in a saucepan. Once water is hot add the Onion, Celery, and Garlic. Water sauté 5 minutes or until slightly translucent.
- Add Parsley, Basil, Italian Seasoning, and Sage. Stir and sauté another 3-5 minutes. Add more water if necessary to prevent sticking.
- Set this mixture aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add Smashed Beans and all remaining ingredients and combine.
- Add sauté mixture to the bean mixture and combine.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper, or lightly mist with cooking spray.
- Roll Meatless Ball mixture into 1 -2 inch balls and place on a parchment paper lined baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.