This chopped salad is my new favorite! It is so tasty and bursting with unique flavors! This salad does take a little but of prep work, but I promise the outcome is worth it!
I was especially happy with the salad dressing; it showcases just how delicious and nutritious an oil-free vinaigrette can be! If you are in a crunch for time, just make the salad dressing and simply use it with mixed greens!
The shallot paired with the thyme are spectacular! I love fresh thyme! I think this will be one of your new favorite salads too.
Oil-Free Shallot Thyme Dressing over Chopped Salad
- 3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Small Shallot
- 1/4 Cup Walnuts
- 3-4 Leaves Sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- Black Pepper to taste
- 3 Carrots blanched and finely chopped
- 1 Cup Green Beans blanched and chopped
- 2 Ears Fresh Organic Corn blanched and cut
- 1 Small Sweet Onion finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Radishes chopped
- 2 Cups Baby Spinach or Radicchio chopped
- 1/2 Cup Jicama chopped (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley chopped (optional)
- Blanch the carrots, green beans, and corn. (If you want to read how to blanch read here. It is very simple, only takes a couple minutes. I do not add salt to my water, and for this recipe, I blanched all three vegetables together in same pot.)
- Combine blanched vegetables with other raw vegetables and toss in a bowl. Cover and store in refrigerator until serving time!
- Combine all salad dressing ingredients together in your Vitamix or high powered blender. Before serving salad, toss with the dressing!