I go crazy for persimmons this time of year!! If you haven’t tried persimmons yet, then you need to stop what you are doing right now and go on a persimmon run. No, but seriously…they are delicious!! I think they taste like a cross between apple, pear, and orange. There are different types of persimmons, and the one I used in this recipe is the Fuyu. This type of persimmon is distinguished by its cute flat bottom…it sort of resembles the shape of a tomato but smaller. They are slightly crunchy and are the best to eat when only slightly soft.
To make this crust free of fats, I used Dates, Figs, and Mulberries! These flavors work very well together, plus you can eat like 500 of these and still stay slim! Woohoo for low fat vegan! 🙂 (If you would like a more rich crust, try using the crust on my Pumpkin Persimmon Raw Tarts! That crust is amazing too, but a bit higher in fat because it contains nuts)
This is a delicious, quick & easy recipe for the holiday season!! Enjoy!
Persimmon Pear Raw Tarts
Ingredients For Crust
- 1 Cup Dried Figs top stem removed
- 1 Cup Medjool Dates pitted
- 1 Cup Dried Mulberries
Ingredients For Filling
- 4 Fuyu Persimmons peeled
- 2 Ripe Bartlett Pears
- 1/4 Cup Pomegranate Juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Soak Figs & Dates in water for about 15 minutes.
- Remove Figs & Dates from water. Place in food processor along with Mulberries. Pulse on high until as smooth as possible.
- Press mixture into individual tart bowls. Chill in refrigerator.
- Blend all filling ingredients in high powered blender or Vitamix. Once completely smooth, pour into tart bowls.
- Chill at least 30 minutes before serving!