Life continues to get busier (but more fun) and that means my recipes become a bit simpler. As life has changed this past year (divorce & such) I haven’t had the luxury of extra time to spend hours in the kitchen. That’s all fine by me though, I’ve been grateful for the busy life. Having to readjust a bit more back to reality, has shown me that most people just don’t have the extra time to make complicated recipes. (I’m right there with ya!)
This tomato salad is a perfect example of an easy, delicious, and healthy recipe that will be satisfying all summer. With only a few ingredients, your taste buds will be tantalized!
I used fresh heirloom tomatoes because they wildly flavorful this time of year and also organic. You may use whichever type of tomatoes you prefer.
Another substitution for this recipe would be to use fresh or roasted corn as opposed to frozen. I used frozen corn because…you guessed it…EASY!
Your new favorite salad is delicious eaten solo, or you could wrap it up in a collard or romaine leaf!
Tomato Avocado Corn Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 3 Cups Heirloom Tomatoes chopped (or tomatoes of your choice)
- 2 Cup Frozen Corn defrosted
- 1 Small Avocado chopped
- 1 Cups & 1/2 Black Beans drained and rinsed (or 1, 15-ounce can)
- Small Handful Cilantro chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Sweetener (Bee Free Honee Honey, or Raw Agave)
- 1 Tablespoon Ume Plum Vinegar or vinegar of your choice
- Juice of two Limes
- Pinch of Pink Salt
Mix all ingredients together. Serve fresh!