A few years ago, I was introduced to the world of tea, and ever since then I have been obsessed with trying new kinds of tea. Did you know that learning about tea goes even more in depth than wine?? Ya. It does.
Can I be a tea-sommelier lol?
Last week was my first Tuesday back into the resurrected Tea Tuesday blog series.
Are you as excited as I am?
I am going to take that as a yes. ????
Tea time for me is when I relax, reflect, and revive my mind.
During my tea, I take the time to look through my new books and magazines, and I brainstorm ideas for the blog, and also just find cool stuff to share with you here.
Last week I had a really cool collaboration with The District, a beautiful retail destination, in Green Valley Ranch. I did a little shopping doing the afternoon, and I ran across this gorgeous book, Eat Beautiful, by Wendy Rowe.
Totally my style.
AND perfect timing, as I just found this new tea, Beauty Tea, by Aloha.
It’s a really nice, all-organic, herbal tea with beauty-boosting ingredients (Juniper, Hibiscus, Rosehip, Sea Buckhorn, Dandelion).
The thoughts for today’s Tea Tuesday are about how to maintain the right balance, inside and out, for a healthy mind & beautiful skin.
I strongly believe that no amount of products (whether for hair or face) will make an unhealthy body look beautiful, and that is why I am always promoting a healthy lifestyle so that you have a healthy and strong canvas to begin with!
Along with Beauty Tea, I’m sharing with a few of Wendy’s Beauty & Lifestyle Tips from her book.
Here are a few of her “pearls of wisdom” that may help you choose better lifestyle decisions to glow from the inside out:
- No raw after four – Raw foods are harder to digest so only cooked foods after 4 give your body more time to digest foods.
- Chew & chew more – Chew your food to stimulate more enzymes and to absorb more nutrients.
- Pure & true foods – Avoid processed foods.
- Eat your water – Eat foods with a high water content. Drink up, eat up, and restore your glow!
- Eat less Exercise more – It’s simple: eat less, go to bed early, & exercise.
- Hands off – Stop touching your face mindlessly. Hands can be dirty and transfer bacteria to the skin.
- Live and let live – Concentrate on you and what feels right for your body.
Share one of your lifestyle and beauty tips below, and until next week…try to set aside some time for yourself (maybe accompanied with tea) to relax, unwind and revive.
ps – I highly recommend this book. It’s full of great info, delish recipes, & it’s a really pretty coffee table book.