As a part of my Healthy Halloween Recipe Collaborationi, here are some delicious cupcakes!! You can’t deny that these cupcakes are SO COOL!! Keep in mind that this recipe is delicious for any occasion or any time of year! You may want to forgo the “Blood Splatter” if you make these for a wedding shower though lol! Get ready for a flavor explosion!! The orange zest is absolute perfection in this recipe…it is a must try!! I also enjoy these in a muffin form!
Pistachio Orange Blood Splatter Cupcakes
- Ingredients For Cake:
- 1 Cup & 3/4 Oat Flour
- 1 Cup Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cardamom ground
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ginger ground
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon ground
- Zest of half a Naval Orange
- 1/3 Cup Roughly Chopped Pistachios
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon & 1/2 Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tablespoons Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2 Tablespoon & 1/2 Almond Butter
Whipped Coconut Cream Ingredients:
- ounce One 15- Can Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Sugar optional
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 Teaspoon – 1/4 Ground Cinnamon optional
Raspberry Couli Ingredients:
- Pint Raspberries
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- Chill a can of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight.
Directions For Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a cupcake pan with 12 cupcake liners. (Alternatively, you can bake this in an 8-inch or two 6-inch cake pans, lined with parchment paper and sprayed with cooking spray.)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.
- In another bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture just until they combine.
- Place 2 heaping Tbsp of batter in each cupcake liner. Alternatively, distribute the batter evenly into the 2 6-inch cake pans or just place the batter in an 8-inch cake pan.
- Place the pan on a baking sheet, then into a preheated oven and bake for 27-30 minutes. The cake should have a little bounce back when pressed.
- Cool the cakes in the pans for at least 1 hour. While the cakes are cooling, make the whipped cream and raspberry couli.
Directions for Coconut Whipped Cream
- Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator and leave it there until well-chilled. I chill mine overnight or for a few days.
- Open the can of coconut milk upside down. There, you will find coconut water- loose liquid. Pour it out into a bowl or cup to drink, or save for later use in a smoothie.
- Carefully scoop out the thick layer into a bowl or mixing bowl of a stand mixer. Make sure you don’t get liquid in the thick, solidified cream, or it will be difficult to whip and obtain soft peaks.
- Turn your mixer or hand beater to high speed, and whip the coconut cream for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Whip until it becomes light and fluffy with soft peaks. Mix in coconut sugar, vanilla, or cinnamon. Whip it some more until combined. Taste and adjust sweetness, vanilla, or cinnamon flavor.
- Refrigerate until ready to use. Before using it, whisk it.
Directions For Raspberry Couli:
- Wash then drain the raspberries.
- Blend the raspberries, then stain through a sieve, using a ladel to help the juice through.
- Add 1 Tbsp maple syrup and mix. Taste and adjust sweetness to taste with either more maple syrup or stevia drops.
- Frost the cupcakes or cake with coconut whipped cream.
- Dip your clean fingertips into the raspberry couli and flick your fingers towards the cupcakes to spray the cupcakes with raspberry couli “blood”.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.