As I am writing this, I cannot believe that Thanksgiving is only a few days away. This year has been a whirlwind (in so many ways…I will be sharing some stories with you next week). Throughout this year, I have not created as many recipes as I did in the past, BUT the ones that I did create were pretty stellar, if I do say so myself! 🙂 THIS pumpkin pasta does not disappoint! I had been seeing a few pumpkin pastas here and there as I scrolled through Pinterest lately, so that sparked my interest in making a festive dish such as this. My issue with many vegan recipes online is simply that many of them are not healthy. True, they may not contain animal products, but that doesn’t mean that they are healthy! Only whole foods, plant based recipes are true health foods.
This pumpkin pasta is oil-free, low fat, and packed with lots of superfood herbs! I don’t know if y’all get as excited as I do for savory herbs, but I totally become ecstatic for fall herbs and winter veggies! Rosemary + Sage + Thyme are rockstars in this pumpkin sauce! If you like pumpkin, you will fall in love with this recipe! I have made this recipe for many people and every really loves it, especially my girlfriend Allie! 🙂
Please enjoy this quick and easy recipe “weekday recipe,” that I am making over and over again this season!
…Speaking of Rosemary, if you haven’t tried my Sweet Potato Pie Smoothie, then this is the time to make it! It’s spectacular and fahhbulously fall!!!)
Happy Thanksgiving!! XOXO!
Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Onion chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 Leaves Sprig Rosemary chopped
- 1 Leaves Sprig Thyme
- 1 Tablespoon Sage chopped
- 1 Cup Plant Milk (Almond Soy, Hemp, Cashew, etI used Cashew in this recipe
- 3 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 3/4 Cup 100% Pure Pumpkin Puree
- 8 Ounces 100% Whole Wheat Pasta
- Place 3-4 tablespoons of water into a hot pan. Once is begins to sizzle, add the onions and garlic.
- Water sauté the onions and garlic until slightly translucent and fragrant, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add herbs (and more water if necessarand sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add milk, tomato paste, & pumpkin. Turn heat on low. Stir and cover until warmed throughout. Stir occasionally.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Once pasta is cooked to al dente, add drained pasta to sauce and stir.
- Serve Warm!