This is probably the recipe I make the most out of all the recipes on my site. Everyone that tries it loves it! These lentil wraps will keep you full and satisfied, and they are packed with flavor.
Asian Lentil Lettuce Wraps
- 4 Cups Crimini Mushrooms sliced or chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 3 Cups Brown Lentils or 2, 15 ounce cans, drained & rinsed
- Romaine Lettuce for wraps
- 4 Tablespoons Bragg's Amino Acid
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 4 Tablespoons Almond or Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ginger Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds I buy mine toasted
Optional Toppings for Wraps
- Shredded Carrot
- Shredded Purple Cabbage
- Bean Sprouts
- Chopped Mango
Place mushrooms and garlic in saute pan on medium heat. Only a splash of water is needed to water sauté. (Once the mushrooms start to cook, they will diminish in size substantially)
Cook mushrooms & garlic until about 5 minutes until warmed throughout.
While mushrooms are cooking, combine all sauce ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
Pour Lentils and Sauce into pan.
Mix together and cook on medium/low heat for about 5 more minuets.
Spoon Lentil mixture into romaine lettuce boats! Top with any of the optional toppings you desire!