Having a routine in the morning is VERY important to me. It’s probably the most important part of my day.
Let’s rewind 5 or 6 years. Before having Lily, my morning routine was VERY drawn out and luxurious. It was the ridiculous kind of morning where I would sip tea for a solid hour and then make my way to the kitchen to create some sort of elaborate breakfast bowl with just the right amount of protein, complex carbs, & antioxidants…
Blah blah blah… You get the drift. We can all be in agreement that I was the girl we would roll our eyes about.
These days, my life is much different, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I have a business to manage and a little Lilygoat to raise. 💕 The truth is that with “less time,” I am more productive. I am not busy “being busy.” I am busy being productive. You know what I mean? There’s a difference. (I actually talked about this is in my last blog post)
When I am productive and balanced, I feel the happiest. I owe my success and my happiest days to having a morning routine.
On days when I don’t follow my morning routine, I feel like a bit of a hot mess, and nobody likes Hot Mess Ashley. It’s not a good situation for anyone. Ha!
Let’s talk about what actually makes for a good morning routine..
PS – enter my giveaway with Derma E at the bottom of this post!
A morning routine is any way that you start the day that sets you up for success.
My routine in the morning varies slightly, but generally it involves tea, shower, stretching, skincare, and a smoothie / juice. It’s simple, time efficient, and a (mentally and physically) healthy way to kickstart the day!
Below is my easy to remember guide to set up successful morning routine.
I call this my 5s No Stress Morning Routine Guide.
- Starting your day with a large glass of water and/or tea.
- I love putting a drop of lemon or orange essential oil in my water glass. It’s very revitalizing.
- I LOVE all kinds of tea, but I would say that organic Jasmine Green Tea by Numi is my quick go-to for the AM. It has a nice & light amount of caffeine, no added preservatives, sweet, and never bitter.
- In this video, I also showed my morning shots. For years I’ve been taking 3 healthy shots as soon as I wake up in the morning. I take Noni 100, Herbal Force Aloe, and a Coconut Water Probiotic. I LOVE these so much!
- I highly believe that moving your body in the morning is essential to a great day. Even if you can only set aside 10 minutes for a quick walk or stretching, in return it will give your body energy 100 times greater throughout your day.
- My favorite stretch series is the “Sun Salutation.” It’s an oldie but a goodie, and it awakens the whole system.
- I don’t feel like I need to explain this one. 😜 But what does make for a great shower experience is dry brushing beforehand. It naturally drains the body of toxins and immediately wakes up your body. Highly recommend it.
- Even though I am often working from home, I like to dress “cozy chic,” so that means I’m wearing my Athleta gear. I loooove Athleta clothing. It’s comfortable, stylish, and it’s cute enough to wear while blogging on the couch or meeting a girlfriend for lunch.
- Begin your day with an easy skincare routine that works for you.
- There is something about having a skincare routine that really makes me feel like I have my life together. 😎
- I like to go for a quick walk in the mornings, so I wash my face with Derma E Hydrating Cleanser (it’s so moisturizing!) and always apply sunscreen. In the past, facial sunscreens have burned my eyes, but I was thrilled to find that Derma E’s did not do that. Also it makes my skin pretty and glowy.
- One thing I ALWAYS do, and you need to do this too, is put sunscreen on the tops of your hands. Our hands age so fast because they are always out in the sun! Think about it. When you’re driving…your hands are almost always in the sun, and our hands show aging very quickly once we hit a certain age.
- After I shower, I do my “full skincare routine” because that’s what I’ll have on my skin for the rest of the day. I use hydrating wipes, radiance toner, and then sage & lavender facial oil.
- My makeup routine is really easy. I apply under eye concealer, mascara, cheek stain, and lipgloss. Even if I am staying home, I apply all of the above. It makes me feel refreshed and productive to look presentable (and not be Hot Mess Ashley).
- Oh and the eye mask I’m wearing in the beginning of the video is a Cooling Gel Bead Eye Mask. I like it because it’s refreshing and deputes your eyes in the morning. It’s also great for circulation and treating headaches.
- It’s not a surprise that I would include smoothies in a morning routine. For our busy lives, smoothies are the best way to fill up with fruits and veggies on the go. I want everyone to eat a gigantic salad for lunch and greens with every meal, but it’s just not going to happen for everyone. What can happen for everyone is a “blended salad” aka smoothie. They taste better, they are fast, and nutritious. Aim for 1 per day and you’ll see immediate results in the way you look and feel.
I hope this guide is helpful if you are ready to implement your own routine.
I have partnered with Derma E to gift you a $25 gift card + a box of morning routine products.
It’s easy to win:
- Follow @dermae and @missashleydiana on Instagram.
- Comment below and tell me YOUR morning routine essentials and which Derma E product are you most excited to try!
- That’s all!
- Winner will be chosen on Friday 2/9 (date has been extended) and will be contacted here in the comments. So check back to see if you’ve won!