As I write this tonight, I am in the last hour of my twenties. I never would have pictured my life where it is now, but there is nothing wrong with that. I am happy that my life did not go according to plan. Sometimes I wonder, “what if my life had gone according to a plan?” I think that may have been quite boring. This life I have lived has been far from boring, and life has been good to me. I have learned to be content with who I am and seeking perfection is not my priority anymore. Learning to be present and rolling with the changes are how I seek to live now.
Today is the big 30, and I am pretty excited to see what my thirties have in store. It is certainly going to be interesting, and all of you are along to see the journey.
As I move into the new chapter, here are some things I have learned over the past 10 years…
Confidence is your most attractive asset.
- We are attracted to confidence and positivity. A woman who is confident and happy is the most beautiful being on the planet. Nothing is more unattractive than a sad girl covered by a pretty face. The more content you can be with yourself, the happier your life will be.
When people show you who they are, believe them.
- When someone’s behavior seems unusual, it is. Trust your intuition. Your intuition is a gift, and it is your most powerful tool in this life! Pay attention to red flags, and don’t be afraid to act upon them.
Travel when you can.
- Don’t ever let anyone stop you from visiting places you want to see. Spending time creating memories with family and friends is more valuable than gold. (Take lots of photos and store them in an actual photo album so you can revisit these memories in the comfort of your sofa one day when you are older. This is much more nostalgic than looking through Facebook for your old photos).
Health is beautiful on you.
- Eating well is a form of self respect. No wonder you look so radiant when you’re living a healthy life! You can’t out exercise an unhealthy diet no matter what age you are. Age catches up with you. Taking time for yourself is important. If you treat your healthy lifestyle as an adventure, you will have much success.
Keep your real friends close, and make time for your girlfriends.
- Choose high quality girlfriends, and make time for them! These girls are your “Lifers!” Your best girlfriends will be there for you through all the changes in life, and they are way more important than some silly boyfriend you were dating when you were 19.
- Start saying no to the people and things that stress you out. Assertiveness is one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself. Say yes to all the things that make you happy!
If you love someone be brave enough to tell them.
- What is the worst thing that could happen? The worst thing that could happen is that you let the person slip away that may have actually loved you back. Stop wondering if someone is interested in you – just ask them. Tell them how you feel. Be authentic! If someone can’t tell you that they love you back, then they don’t. (Another one of life’s tough lessons). Listen to what people are telling you; if they aren’t saying yes, then it means NO. Move on. Life’s too short to be afraid.
Perfection is unobtainable.
- Learn to be okay with being just the way that you are. You are uniquely wonderful at the very stage that you are in. Although there is nothing wrong with striving to improve, searching for perfection will leave you unhappy 100% of the time.
What goes up must come down.
- Change is inevitable so never get too comfortable with anything. Is everything in your life going perfectly? That’s beautiful, but it will not be like that forever. Good news, the hard times will not be there forever either. Be flexible. Life is about going with the flow, and, I promise, you cannot stop the flow.
Every next level of your life will demand a new version of you.
- There will always be a new update awaiting you. The meaning of life is only discovered through experience. Don’t be afraid to live!
Sharing photos from my 30th Birthday HERE.